Tuesday 1 January 2008

First Days In Budapest


Today is the first day in 2008 and also the first entry of my blog in 2008. This year I will try to update my blog regularier but I think I have improved during the past months.

During the last few days I have done a bit sightseeing and a lot of eating. Budapest is really a place for people who love food. The Hungarians have a lot of traditional dishes you only can get here. Unfortunately they are all a bit fat but that is also a reason for the good taste. Surprisingly there is also a special preparation for "Melange". Here is a fine drink with half coffee half milk, milk foam and honey. It tastes great and much better than the Viennese style.

The weather is not so fine. It's all the time cold and it's snowing more or less constantly. Yesterday at New Year the view was so limited that only rockets could be seen that have been launched very close by. Tomorrow on Wednesday normal life starts again and all shops will have open again. Maybe it's possible to go to a thermal bath again. That's a great tradition in Hungary and there exists a lot of thermal baths in the city. I have updated already the pictures until now in the online photo gallery to give a first impression. The final batch will come on Friday online.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year 2008!

Anee