Sunday 30 August 2009

Around The World - The Next Phase



Good News!

I've just received the booking confirmation for my "Round The World" (RTW) Ticket. It took me about two weeks to plan the route and get it finally approved by Star Alliance. At first the planning was performed on-line and then verified by the telephone service. The most difficult issue was that the terms and conditions differ between the bonus miles package and the official ticket. Booking on bonus miles means that just limited quantities of seats on certain routes are available. The master plan including Fidji, Australia and New Zealand was impossible to book because there where simple no connections.

This is now the official travel route: GRZ-MUC-BKK-DPS-BKK-NRT-HNL-SFO-JFK-FRA-GRZ
The trip starts in three days on Saturday morning and I come back on December 11th for a short break. After that phase 2 of the trip will start. Most probably in the Caribbean. After proper (last minute) planning I will announce the second route. The most notable stops on the current trip are: Bali, Tokyo, Honolulu and San Francisco.

I will have to work hard the next few days to prepare everything for the travel. There are a lot of preparations to be done and I hope I can finalize the most important. More to come in the next few days...

1 comment:

Rode Joke said...

Cool!!
So we'll get to see you hopefully :-)
Enjoy your trip!