Wednesday 24 October 2007

First days in Quito

After arriving on Sunday I didn't have much time to explore the city. I was busy attending Spanish lesions. My schedule is 4 hours at the morning and 3 at the afternoon. After so much Spanish the my brain hurts. But I already have learned a lot. The lesion is 1:1. That means one teacher one student. There is no time to relax but this method is most sophisticated.

Today I made a big walk through the city. Quito has a historical part with colonial buildings and a new part - called "Gringolandia". There are no ruins from the pre-Spanish times left! The weather is most interesting here. First of all you have all seasons in one day and second is the crazy weather. At one side of the street in can rain and when you cross the street the other has sunshine. You must be prepared for every weather condition here. The temperatures are quite constant. All the year between 9 and 14 degrees Celsius. People also ask me here if I don't need a jacket ;)

No comments: